I hope you all had a great time last night counting down the clock and ushering in 2009! Just a few seconds after midnight, I turned to Tara and said, "We're planting a church this year!" It was thrilling and sobering to think about. Next year this time, we'll be recounting stories of God's grace in the opening months of Grace Church.
I'd ask for you to begin praying (if you haven't been). As we enter this new year and new season, let's join together to be praying for the following things:
1. A personal devotion to Jesus Christ that exceeds any you've had previously
2. A committment to know His Word and live by His Word
3. A reliance on the Holy Spirit for wisdom and witness
4. An eagerness to sacrifice your preferences so that the gospel will advance
5. A willingness to periodically fast and pray for God to do amazing things - read this great article http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/1564_The_Crazy_Idea_of_Fasting_in_09/
6. Fertile soil in the hearts of people to receive the gospel
7. Favor from God as we start to gather and meet
And even as 2009 begins, God has been showing us favor. I got an email from the Rio Vista Recreational Center stating that they are willing to let us sign a contract for Aug/Sept for the hours I requested! Praise God for this open door - we have an official place to start meeting as a church!