Monday, May 25, 2009

Reproofs

Here's a great prayer from The Valley of Vision:

"When I hear of disagreeable things amongst Christians, it brings an additional weight and burden on my spirit; I come to Thee in my distress and make lamentable complaint;
Teach me how to take reproof from friends, even though I think I do not deserve them; Use them to make me tenderly afraid of sin, more jealous over myself, more concerned to keep heart and life unblameable; Cause them to help me to reflect on my want of spirituality, to abhor myself, to look at myself as unworthy, and make them beneficial to my soul....

Give me such vivacity in religion, that I may be able to take all reproofs from other men as from thy hands, and glorify thee for them, from a sense of thy beneficent love and of my need to have my pride destroyed."

That is my prayer this morning for my own heart. I want to take correction as a means of God's grace to both humble me and exalt Him.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP