Sunday, March 08, 2009

Book Recommendation: Jesus Storybook Bible


If you are like me, you are always looking for Christ centered resources to help in the area of parenting. One of the best books I've found is The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every story whispers His name, by Sally Lloyd-Jones. It's simply outstanding. It looks at the whole of Scripture as a narrative pointing to and fulfilled in Christ.

It's also extremely funny! My kids and I laugh at the very insightful ways that Lloyd-Jones depicts these stories. She has Goliath saying to Israel
"I'll rip your heads off and have them on toast!" David replies, "You're big, but God is bigger!"

Great stuff. My kids love it.

Here is an interview that was done with her if you'd like to read it:

http://www.eucatastrophe.com/blog/archives/2007/03/12/interview-with-sally-lloyd-jones-author-of-the-jesus-storybook-bible/comment-page-1/#comment-200854

Let's teach our kids about the amazing story of the Bible, the true hero and prince Jesus Christ!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP