Friday, December 26, 2008

Book Review: What is a Healthy Church Member?

I just finished reading Thabiti M. Anyabwile's book, "What is a Healthy Church Member?". I'm not sure if I'm aware of any other book like this. There are others that address the responsibility of the church (corporately), but this book addresses it at an individual level.



This short book has within its pages some of the key marks of a healthy, God glorifying Christian. I appreciated the emphasis on the tried and true - there wasn't anything in here that would blow your mind. It simply calls for us to walk out our faith in genuine community and with certain priorities like holiness, prayer, humility, etc. Being a preacher, I especially enjoyed the opening chapter on 'being an expositional listener'. It's not enough for preachers to strive to preach well - congregations need to strive to listen well. Very good (and encourages me to expositionally preach)!



We will definitely be going through this book together as a church plant team. I can't wait until 2009.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP